We hope everyone is enjoying a fun and safe summer. It is hard to believe that the start of the Fall sports practices will begin within one month! Here are some important things that everyone will need to know.
FALL SPORTS PHYSICALS:
- Fall Physicals are scheduled for Monday, July 31, from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. at South Christian High School.
- Cost: $20
- Click HERE for the MHSAA Physical Form Download
- All student athletes MUST have a physical dated after April 15, 2017, in order to participate/try out for any sport in the 2017-2018 school year.
Once again for the fall sports season in 2017, all student athletes must obtain a signed SCore Card.
- What is a SCore Card?
- A SCore Card is an administrative checklist that allows student athletes to safely participate in athletics at SCHS. Student athletes must pick up a SCore Card from the Main Office beginning on Tuesday, July 18. The Main Office is open on Tuesday and Thursday from 8am – 1pm through August 3. The main office will be open from 8am – 3pm on Monday, August 7 through Thursday, August 10.
- What is on a SCore Card?
- The SCore Card has items on it that are required for participation in athletics. Items include:
- All forms must be on file in the Main Office.
- What do I do with my SCore Card?
- Once a student athlete’s SCore Card is filled out and signed by the Athletic Office, the student athlete must turn it into their fall sport coach.
**IMPORTANT** A COACH WILL NOT LET A STUDENT ATHLETE TRY OUT, PRACTICE, OR PARTICIPATE UNLESS THE SCORE CARD HAS BEEN TURNED IN!
FALL SPORT START DATES:
Football practices begin Monday, August 7, and all other fall sports begin Wednesday, August 9. This fall we will again be offering boys and girls cross country, boys soccer, girls swimming, girls golf, boys tennis, volleyball, football, and sideline cheer. Specific practice times will be communicated by coaches to students who have expressed interest. You can also check our website in late July for practice and try-out dates. But for now, put those first practice dates on the calendar.
SAILOR KICKOFF NIGHT:
Tuesday, August 15 – 7pm @ SCHS
We are excited to bring in some guest speakers for different groups as we prepare for the upcoming school year!
Parents will be in the auditorium, male students will be in the Main Gym, and female students will be in the Aux Gym, all with different guest speakers.
Fall sport parent meetings will take place after the speakers are finished.
That is all for now. Feel free to check our website (southchristiansports.com) regularly for additional updates. Have a great rest of July!